Prior to arrival
- Please call us if you have special requirements.
- There are two accessible bedrooms – see details below.
Arrival and car parking
- There is designated disabled car parking space for 1 x cars close to the front entrance.
- There is designated disabled car parking space for 2 x cars by the Coach House.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The main hotel and reception is accessed via an external ramp from the car parking area which is relatively steep.
- The front door has steps and is not suitable for a wheelchair.
- Wheelchair users are invited to make their way across the front of the hotel to enter via the Terrace and Garden Room. The Garden Room has a rustic tiled flooring.
- The reception hall floor is stone flags.
- The reception desk is 34" high (865mm) and open to the side enabling a wheelchair user to easily talk to the receptionist.
- The main staircase is carpeted and a half turn with a handrail to one side.
- There is an accessible public toilet facility within the main hotel.
- The restaurant is accessed via a wide corridor with double doors opening to the restaurant.
- The flooring is carpet.
- Tables are 28" high (710mm) and there is space beneath for a wheelchair user to sit close to the table.
Garden Room and Terrace
- The Garden Room is accessed via the external doors as previously described.
- The tables are pedestal tables and therefore accessible for wheelchairs.
Coach House Accessible Bedrooms
- The two ground floor bedrooms are fully accessible with windows facing south providing natural daylight and with an automated door entry system with level access throughout.
- The hallway route to the bedroom has oak flooring and a narrowest width of 1300mm – 2300m widest width. The ground floor doorways are 910mm wide.
- The bedroom flooring is carpeted.
- The bed is 533mm high and 178mm under the bed. The Hypnos Cashmere bed can be set as a super king or twin.
- The toilet has handrails with 300mm at the side of the toilet. The toilet seat is 440mm high. There is unlimited room in front of the toilet.
- The wash-hand basin is 740m high. It has lever operated taps and space underneath with no pedestal.
- The bathroom has an emergency call system.
- The wardrobe and drawers have accessible handles and pull down rails.
- The en-suite bathroom has a level wheel/walk in shower.
- The flooring is non slip ceramic tiles. There is a turning diameter of 1500mm.
- There is wheelchair access to the lawned garden.
- The south facing terrace with views across the Chatsworth estate is accessible via a relatively steep ramp from the car park where afternoon tea and drinks can be served.