Chatsworth Farm Shop – Lamb Curry
Ross Forder, Head Chef of the Brasserie at The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa, has created this wonderful fragrant lamb curry using ingredients available from Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop's online delivery service. This recipe is perfect for using up leftovers after a Sunday roast or our Lamb Flatbread recipe (If you have any left!).
You will need:
500g – 800g picked cooked lamb
1 courgette (1cm diced)
1 aubergine (1cm diced)
1 sweet potato (1cm diced)
1 red onion (1 cm diced)
1 pepper (1 cm diced)
1 tin chopped tomato
1 ltr braising stock from lamb dish (or a good lamb stock)
50g mild curry powder
2 star anise
4 cardamon pods
50g apricot jam
200g cashew nuts
- Add all veg and cook until lightly caramelised and cooked down.
- Add curry powder and jam.
- Add stock, tomatoes and lamb.
- Allow to cook out, gently simmering for 30 mins.
- Finish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice and garlic naan bread.